Andy Baylor & His Southern Swing Band at East Malvern – Wednesday 21st June
Just a reminder that the next night of Jazz presented by the Victorian Jazz Club for 2017 at the East Malvern RSL will be on Wednesday the 21st of June between 7.30 & 10.00 pm with Andy Baylor & his Southern Swing Band on stage.
It’s been far too long since well known guitarist and violinist Andy Baylor has been a guest at the Victorian Jazz Club and on the 21st of June we will make up for that when Andy will be returning to Melbourne to play a special hometown show with a fine swingin’ band.
Andy cut his musical teeth playing old time western swing with the Dance Hall Racketeers and was the in demand guitarist with bands such as Steve Grant’s New Orleans Five, The Karl Hird Trios, Ade Monsbourgh , Allan Browne and the legendary Bob Barnard Jazz Parties amongst others.
Andy will be digging deep into his bag of Western swing classics, hot jazz instrumentals, beautiful standards and some boogie woogie and blues. The band will feature Andy on guitar, violin & vocals, Michael McQuaid tenor sax, Sandra Talty drums & vocals, Sam Lemann guitar & ukulele, Steve Teakle piano and Steve Temple double bass ( & occasional trumpet ).
A great night of jazz , western swing, ballads , rhythm & blues and boogie for dancers and listeners, not to be missed !
Come along , enjoy the jazz and spread the word !
Everybody is welcome. You don’t have to be a member of the Victorian Jazz Club to attend.
Admission : Victorian Jazz Club members – $15.00 , visitors – $20.00.
Bookings are advisable . Bookings & Enquiries : 0425 735 428 or www.vjc.org.au.
Advise Me of New Posts
Search Jazz Ramble
- Ashley Keating
- East Malvern Jazz
- East Malvern Jazz - First Birthday Celebration
- Nick Polites Turns 90
- Nevill Sherburn OAM
- Andy Baylor back in Melbourne Wednesday 21st June.
- Julie O'Hara & Bopkick at East Malvern - Wednesday the 17th of May
- Jen Salisbury & James Mustafa - a new Melbourne CD
- Peter Gaudion's Blues Express - East Malvern RSL 19th April
- Michael McQuaid's New CD - Diaspora
- Michael McQuaid's Late Hour Boys - Saturday 25th March
- Wednesday Night Jazz At East Malvern RSL
- Tony Standish
- Labor Day Weeeknd 2017 Live Jazz
- 100 Years Of Recorded Jazz
- Jazz News - Port Fairy, Eltham & Wangaratta
- Announcing the death of Jane La Scala
- Bell Brothers Tribute @ Eltham
- Johnny Adams and the joy of music
- John Adams, piano master: Vale and Rest in Peace
- Clark Terry: jazz great dies at 94
- Ballarat! Ballarat! Ballarat!: 70th Australian Jazz Convention
- Clark Terry documentary: Oscar nomination
- The Marvellous Shaye Cohn: Happy Birthday
- Moama Jazz Weekend
- Leigh Barker and The New Sheiks
- Clarinet legend Acker Bilk dies at 85
- Wombats again!!
- Tuba Skinny back in Australia in September/October!
- The Maple Leaf forever: legendary favourites together again at Williamstown
- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- March 2016
- October 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011